Monday, March 19, 2007

What a Month in Thailand Will Do

I'm not dead. I think I may have come close a couple of times. But for the record, I'm all right.

I think that I've avoided doing this thing because, well, I was in Thailand. Sorry. Things kind of came up.

I arrived in Thailand on Valentine's Day and then just disappeared into the swing of island life.
I spent some time observing the madness of lunar cycle parties, disappeared into the hammock-surfing life of northern Koh Pha Ngan. I spent hours a day living underwater and achieved my advanced diver PADI certification. I watched my travel companions get tattoos. I arrived in Bangkok and declared it Hell on Earth. I survived it, but I died a little bit inside every time I saw Khaosan Road.

I disappeared. But I'm okay, and there are tons of photos to post here. My Thai visa ran out and we headed to Cambodia.

I watched the sun come up at Angkor Wat. It changed my life.
I've become a vegetarian. It may not last, but something told me it was time to give it a shot.

Our number reached six travellers, but we parted ways with our Norwegian friend Lars in Siem Reap and today we arrived in Phnom Penh. Life is very, very good.

Stay tuned. Internet access in Thailand was sketchy because we were always on the move, but I'm going to be doing some volunteer work with the local Cambodian children here in Phnom Penh and I think I'll be sticking around long enough to get some photos uploaded.

- UPDATE -

No comments: